Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BookBuzz 2014 in NYC!

When Meredith Schorr, Francine LaSala and I started BookBuzz, we dreamed and hoped the event would grow. We loved the idea of an author/reader party where books could be celebrated with food, drinks, and a huge crowd. Our first event, held one year ago in New York City, featured eight amazing authors, and it was a blast. Fast forward to November, and we decided our next event should be held in my hometown, Toronto. And with the help of author Lydia Laceby and blogger Kaley Stewart, we featured ten wonderful authors, gained the attention of local media, and the bar was packed with book lovers.

On May 29th, from 7 pm to 9 pm at The Galway Pub in NYC, we are having our third and what promises to be our best BookBuzz event. Fifteen women's fiction authors are featured, and the amount of talent in this group is phenomenal. Along with the co-founders, we've got Holly Peterson, Lydia Laceby, Samantha March, Cat Lavoie, Chantel Guertin, Heather Wardell, k.c. Wilder, Glynis Astie, Lynn Marie Hulsman, Sheryn MacMunn, Deborah Schwartz, and Marissa Stapley. And the book table will again be managed by the brilliant Julie Valerie. Unbelievable!

Melissa A. of Chick Lit Central and I have gotten very close over the past couple of years. She has been a huge support and I cannot wait to hug her. Not only is she coming to BookBuzz 2014, but she has also invited as many people as she can, which is amazing. When she told me that she'd mentioned the event to one of my all time favorite authors and said author was going to email me, I fell off my chair. That author is Brenda Janowitz, and I am beyond thrilled that she, Jamie Brenner, Lynn Messina, and Ariella Papa will be mingling and giving away autographed copies of their books. Marlene Engel from Book Mama will be there, too. I may not be able to sleep between now and the 29th.

Without our sponsors, the BookBuzz events would not be as fabulous. Entrance to the event is free, and we provide delicious appetizers and the yummiest drink, The Pink Stiletto (secret recipe) to all of our guests. A huge thank you to Kobo Writing Life, a return sponsor, and Mark Leslie Lefebvre, Kobo's Director of Self Publishing and Author Relations, and Christine Munroe, Kobo's USA Manager, will be at BookBuzz to answer any questions about publishing with Kobo. They are also giving away a Kobo e-reader to one lucky winner. And another giant thank you to Booktrope for coming onboard as a sponsor, too. A special shout out to Stangland Social Media, as well. We're very lucky to have this kind of support.

So, if you want to go to a rocking party, meet a ton of authors and readers, imbibe a ridiculously good cocktail, and get fantastic books at bargain prices, come on out to BookBuzz 2014 on May 29th from 7-9 pm at The Galway Pub in NYC. It's close to where BEA is held so hop on over when you're done there. Visit our website for all of the information and RSVP to bookbuzz2013@gmail.com to reserve your space.

We hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. What a great post! I am so thrilled and proud to be a part of this event and I cannot wait to see you in eight days. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you're all going to have so much fun! I'm sorry to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a great time! I think I'll get buzzed and read one of your books during that time just so I can feel like I'm with you in spirit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed at how this event has grown: looking forward to hearing all about it in your next blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete