Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cover Reveal! Is This All There Is?

I read about three books a week. Crazy, I know, but because I read so much and so quickly, I often don't remember the details. Is This All There Is? by Patricia Mann is a rare exception. The book is so incredibly well-written, raw and emotional that I remember almost every word. 

Not only is she a wonderful writer, but Patricia Mann is also a huge supporter of her fellow authors (me, included!), and it is such a pleasure to participate in the reveal for her book's new cover. Now, isn't this an attention getter?





Beth Thomas has the perfect life.  At thirty-five, she’s married to her college sweetheart, has two adorable kids, and teaches part time at the local university.  But when a friend persuades Beth to go dancing on a rare night out, a chance meeting with twenty one year old Dave, one of her former students, changes the course of her life.  Loud music, too much to drink, and the thrill of feeling young again lead to an unforgettable kiss that was never supposed to happen.  As she tries to put the memory behind her, Dave’s pursuit leaves Beth torn between what her mind says is right and what her heart and body crave.

Here's an excerpt of this amazing book!


Chapter 7

            “Don’t you want to get back to your friends?” I asked, not really wanting him to leave.
            “Oh no, Freddie took off so it’s just me and Jimmy. We come every Friday. Sometimes a few girls from school meet us here, but they mostly come to hang out with him.”
            I noticed that two women with cleavage revealing every inch of skin right up to the nipple had joined Jimmy and his friend. He was talking and all three women were rapt. The pudgy blonde kissed Jimmy’s cheek, leaving a smudge of shiny pink lipstick.
            Dave looked at the four of them and rolled his eyes.
             “Jimmy’s not the commitment type, as you can see.”
            “What about you? Don’t you have a girlfriend?”
            “I haven’t had much luck with women lately.”
            “Really? Why do you think that is?”
            He brushed some hair off his forehead, but it slid right back into place, the tips almost meeting his long eyelashes.   
            “Jimmy says I’m too nice. He thinks women want a challenge, that they like bad boys. I guess I don’t play the game like everyone else does.”
            “Well women don’t like that game. They want a nice, honest guy.”
            “Not my last girlfriend. I gave her everything and she left me for a narcissistic football player. Explain that.” I wondered if he was trying to impress me or if “narcissistic” was actually a word he used regularly.
“She’s young. As women get older, they prefer to be treated well.”
            “Is that what you like?”
            I felt my cheeks burn. “Yes. Even if I were young and single, I wouldn’t go after the Jimmy-type. I’d be much more interested in someone like you.”
            “Really?” he asked with a touch of suggestion. I worried that my face was turning beet red.  I needed to cool things down. 
            “You’ll have another girlfriend soon.”
            “Gee, I didn’t know you were a fortune teller.”
            “I have many talents.”
            “Oh, do you?” A mischievous look in those deep green eyes. That sexy dimple.
“Stop. I didn’t mean it that way.” The heat radiated from my face to the rest of my body.  I had to take off my sweater, even though I was self conscious about my bare arms. I tried to do it carefully but Dave was so close that as I slid one arm out, my elbow brushed against his thigh.  A bolt of electricity charged through us.

Connect with Patricia and buy the book!

Website/Blog (New posts every Thursday)







4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this beautiful cover reveal and for your very kind words! I feel exactly the same way about you and Finding Lucas. I may have to read it again because I miss the characters so much! Your support means the world to me! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely eye-catching! Congrats on the new cover, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Jackie! Love your new cover too! Just saw it on Samantha's Facebook page. By the way, Samantha, I meant to also say WOW to the fact that you read three books a week! You're my new role model. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Digging the new cover, Patricia! Makes me want to go buy another book just to get that cover. ;-)

    Big congrats!

    ReplyDelete