Monday, December 3, 2012

8 Holiday Questions for 8 Chick Lit Authors

In anticipation of the upcoming holidays and to celebrate Season's Readings, 8 chick lit authors are answering fun holiday questions. Do we have lurid dreams about Santa? How we would dress up our personal snowman? Read below to find out! And be sure to check the blog schedule at the bottom of the post for the hilarious answers soon to come from 7 other popular chick lit authors!

And follow us as we are featured on some of the most awesome book blogs!

What is your best (or worst) holiday memory?
 
This is an easy one that is a bit sad to remember. Growing up, we always celebrated Chanukah with my grandparents who we were very close to. They have long since passed away, and this question makes me long for them. When I was maybe seven, I opened my shiny gift-wrapped box to find a doll that walked, talked and I think even peed. I don't know if I'd ever been as excited about anything. I always loved dolls and taking care of them (I used to sit in my mom's car and pretend to drive carpool!), and I spent hours with that doll!
 
What's the most embarrassing/most disappointing gift you ever received?
 
I definitely have a most embarrassing gift! I have been friends with my two brothers-in-law for as long as I've known my husband. They love to tease me because I am the sister they never had. So, on my first Christmas with their family, they presented me with a HUGE gift-wrapped box. I tore open the wrapping only to find...another box. And another. And yup, another. I must have unwrapped ten boxes to finally get to a teeny box. Jewellery? Cosmetics? I was intrigued. And then completely mortified as I held in my hands a black g-string thong that I had to show to everyone in the room. Luckily, it was a really nice thong so I wore it, but I have definitely gotten them back for that one!
 
Favorite holiday beverage?
 
Eggnog! With a serious helping of rum. But, a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks is a close second.
 
What would you add to a snowman to personalize it?
 
Is it completely horrible that I always want to add an appropriate appendage?
 
What are three things you can't survive the holidays without?
 
My family, sleep and some amazing books.
 
Santa - sexy or let's just be friends?
 
I have not stopped laughing since I read this question. Okay, let's be honest here. The whole "Come and sit on my lap" thing is a little titillating and I've always loved a man with long hair. But though I don't think of myself as superficial, the red velvet leisure suit screams just friends.
 
Favorite holiday song, album or movie?
 
Love Actually is my all time favorite holiday movie. The scenes with the flashcards and the little boy on the drums get me every time.
 
It's midnight New Year's Eve - you can kiss any celebrity, living or dead. Who's it going to be?
 
Agh! I have to choose just one? There is something so sexy about Bradley Cooper. He's hilarious, smart and talented. And that gorgeous face with just a hint of stubble and those pierecing blue eyes always makes my stomach drop a bit.
 
What is your worst/funniest holiday travel tale?
 
Oh, a "vacation" I'll never forget. For my dad's 70th birthday, my parents took my entire family on a cruise. I'd never been on a cruise because I'd always been a backpack traveller, but my son was eighteen months old at the time so being in one place sounded ideal. Ha! He loved the swimming and the one kids' activity the ship had, but he threw up every single day of the trip. The grand finale was at a fancy dinner for my dad's birthday. We were all dressed in our finest at the nicest restaurant, and my son puked all over me, my husband, the beautifully laid table and the elegant (and thick) carpet. Needless to say, we have never gone on a cruise again!
 
Be sure to visit these amazing authors as they share their holiday highlights!
 

Francine LaSala – Tues, December 4

 
Libby Mercer – Wed, December 5
 
Jackie Bouchard – Thur, December 6
 
Tracie Banister – Fri, December 7
 
Cat Lavoie – Mon, December 10
 
Lucie Simone – Tues, December 11
 
Meredith Schorr – Wed, December 12

30 comments:

  1. Now how did I know that you were going to pick Bradley Copper for your NYE snog, Sam? ;)

    LOL over your X-rated snowman! You are SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Fun fact about Bradley Cooper: I had a dream just this weekend that we were married and having a baby. And Eva Mendes was our maid. Oh the joys of dreaming on cold medicine. :)

    "Love Actually" is one of my favorite holiday movies, too, but ties with "When Harry Met Sally." I'm such a sucker for Colin Firth learning Portuguese.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, that is hilarious! Was Eva Mendas a sexy or frumpy maid? Hope you're feeling better! "When Harry Met Sally" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I think I've seen it a thousand times! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was about as frumpy as someone as beautiful as Eva can be, at least as far as her uniform went. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your Santa and snowman answers. And you know I approve of your Bradley pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answers Sam!! Haha on the snowman. I also approve of your Bradley pick and I think there might just be a hair pulling girl fight on NYE for his attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah haha, I love this! I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing as I'm reading this at work right now. And eating yogurt. How would I explain a yogurt covered computer monitor to my boss? "Yeah...I was reading a hilarious Q&A with a great author and she wants to add the 'appropriate appendage' to snowmen." I can't imagine that going over well... :) On another note, I think we need to get together to have a spiked drink, snowman building, Love Actually watching evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the yogurt splurting! Kaley, I would LOVE to get together to do some drinking and snowman building!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers! :) I love Love Actually too... and I would definitely hire you to build a snowman on my lawn this winter! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, where's the middle ground between the three of us? We live in the same country, for crying out loud! This needs to happen. :P

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a laughter-packed post! Too hilarious about your brothers-in-law pranking you. Love the reason why you'd stay in the friend zone with Santa. And the snowman's added appendage! Tee he he. I'm going to have to remember this post and come back to it when I need a giggle. I totally knew Bradley Cooper was going to be mentioned in this one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for Bradley is clearly no secret! Glad I made you laugh, Libby. :)

      Delete
  10. I laughed so hard over the Santa question. Bad thing when I'm at work and laughing out loud over something no one else gets. Bradley Cooper is very NYE kiss-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry, Michelle, if your co-workers now think you're mildly insane. :) Thanks so much for commenting and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGOSH on the Santa question! And on the "come sit on my lap" answer!

    So, no points for those really sexy leather boots to cancel out red velvet leisure suit?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitie, you make a good point. The buckles on the boots may have a little something...:)

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no. That's a pretty bad holiday trip! My experience from when my girls were babies is that they are most prone to puking on you when you're dressed your best. :-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzie, you have tales to tell. No wonder you're such wonderful writer with all that stuff packed away in your past. Loved the post and getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I've got a lot of tales to tell. :)

      Delete
  16. You had me in stitches....can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Amy! I hope you enjoy Finding Lucas. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's kinda weird, thinking back as an adult, how excited we were over having dolls that peed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? It's definitely the last thing I'd want now! Thanks so much, Kathryn, for commenting and following. Happy Holidays!

      Delete