Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Liebster Award

Thanks to Isabella Louise Anderson, the supreme founder of the Chick Lit Goddesses, for nominating me for the Liebster award.



Nominees need to do the following:

  •  When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
  • One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
  • One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
  • One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Random Facts about Me!

1.  I wrote my first manuscript at the age of 10. It was rejected. But I tried!

2. I can write in a roomful of strangers, but not if people I know are in the same room.

3. I only recently got a Facebook and Twitter account because I was terrified of computers.

4.   I write and edit for a living with my freelance business, Perfect Pen Communications.
 
5. I am only five feet tall. Well, almost. I have a lot of hair.

6. Until a few years ago, I actually wrote with a pen on paper.

7. Judy Blume is the reason I got through puberty.

8. I have no filter and am known to make very inappropriate comments.

9. I have no sense of direction.

10. I don't like eating bread unless it's crunchy and is a sandwich stuffed with meat.

11. I love the heat, but oddly, I live in Canada.
 

Here are the questions from the lovely (and creative!) Isabella Louise and Anderson:

If you could stay at the same age for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would be 39, the age I am now, because my life is exactly how I've always imagined it. Writing and editing fulltime and surrounded by so much love.
Did you have a high school sweetheart?

Um, not a sweetheart, per so, but a "friend with benefits," yes.
What's your favorite smell?

Fresh cut grass.
What is your favorite drink?

Gin and tonic.

Which would you rather be, the First Lady or the Queen of England?

Neither. I'd never want to live with that much pressure.
What are you favorite pizza toppings?

Spicy Italian sausage, black olives and gorgonzola cheese. Now I'm hungry!
How old were you when you you knew what you wanted to be?

I was ten. But, it took me almost thirty years to actually do it. :)
Coffee or tea?

Coffee, coffee, coffee.
Date night in, or date night out?

I have two kids so I'd have to say a date night out is perfect.
If you could be any actress, who would it be?

Meryl Streep because she's beautiful, smart and hasn't fallen into the Hollywood scandal trap. I love her simple elegance and grace.
What movie can you watch over and over?

Love Actually. That scene with the flashcards gets me every time.

Here are my wonderful nominees: Kathleen Kole, Josephine Thomas, Jen Tucker, Emma Kaufmann, Jami Wann DeiseLA Cadieux, Lucie Simone, Francince LaSala, Jackie Bouchard, Meredith Schorr and Libby Mercer.

If I haven't added your name, it's because I know someone else nominated you first!
And now for my 11 questions for my nominees:

1. What is the best costume you've ever worn?

2. What's the best gift you've ever given?

3. If you could be invisible for a day, where would you go and what would you do?

4. Who's your Hollywood crush?

5. What movie always makes you cry?

5. What book can you read again and again?

6. If you could live in the home of any television series, which would it be?

7. What is something you have always wanted to try?

8. What's your favorite food?

9. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

10. What's your favorite song?

11. Describe yourself with one adjective.

Who will be nominated next?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! And those are fun questions. :) I enjoyed reading your answers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I had so much fun answering those.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! Does this mean I have to answer 22 questions - from both you AND Tracie? Oy! Judy Blume got me through puberty too :) But I was definitely more of a prude in High School! Haha. Great answers, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I guess a drink would be out if you have to answer 22 questions? I hit puberty kind of late so she saved me a lot of tears and anxiety. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun q&a. Meryl Streep is a good pick! Too funny about Judy Blume.

    I also was nominated by Tracie so have 22 questions. Can I pick my fave 11? :P

    Is your fear of computers the reason you don't have a profile pic of your lovely face on Facebook??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating me! I will get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete