Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm Going on Tour In My House!

When I first started submitting my novels to agents and publishers, I had huge dreams. One of them was, of course, sitting in a bookstore at a long pine table signing my autograph to a stack of books for my adoring fans. I'd imagined the hotel rooms I would stay in, the exotic cities I would visit and what I would wear to these exciting book signings. Well, I'm finally going on tour!

Instead of dusty bookshops and legions of fans waiting to meet me, though, I'll be sitting in my yoga pants, sipping coffee with my hair up. I might shower, I'll probably brush my teeth, but I won't be getting on a plane to anywhere because I'll be home. And that is alright with me.

Wow, has the world changed since I started writing. And when I first heard the words "blog tour," I had no clue what they meant. I was just starting to figure out exactly what a blog was, and I was about ready to click on the button that would make me a published author. Once Finding Lucas was published, I finally understood what this "blog tour" thing meant.

On September 10-October 1st, some incredible blogs will be hosting me and Finding Lucas. How awesome is that? There will be reviews, excerpts, guest posts and interviews, and I don't even have to leave my living room. For a work at home mom with two kids, this makes me breathe a huge sigh of relief.

I don't want to leave my kids for three weeks, and I'm not quite sure I could. The ache of missing them would be too much. The fact that these blogs want to host me, and I can still put my kids to bed every night is amazing.

If you'd like to stop by any (or all) of these blogs, leave a comment or buy Finding Lucas, here's the list of the wonderful stops I'll be making on my tour:

September 10 &11: Change the Word

September 13: Storm Goddess Book Reviews

September 14: Every Free Chance Book Reviews
 
September 16: For the Love of Film and Novels

September 18: Samantha March

September 19: The Autumn Review

September 22&23: Lost in Literature

September 24: Jersey Girl Book Reviews

September 25: The East Village

September 27&28: The Book Bag (I'll be giving away a copy of Finding Lucas!)

September 29: Reviews by Molly

September 30: Michelle's Book Nook

October 1: Mrs. Mommy Booknerd's Book Reviews

Thank you so much to the bloggers, reviewers and readers! This is going to be awesome!

 

 

 
 

 
 


 

 


 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hope the blog tour is a big success! Hooray for touring in yoga pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jackie! I need to buy more yoga pants. :)

    ReplyDelete