Saturday, September 22, 2012

Can I Have a Do Over?

This has been the week from hell. You'd think that being on a blog tour for Finding Lucas would mean that my days are filled with excitement and pride. Yeah, that's not how it's worked out, but it has nothing to do with my tour.

My blog tour has been fantastic, and the amazing response I've received has been the very best part of a long and trying week. I had a niggling feeling that something was wrong with Finding Lucas, and it had been awhile since I had checked on my file. After a debacle re-uploading the file once before, I had promised myself that I wouldn't touch it because I knew the stress I would go through checking, previewing and analyzing would make me crazy. So I left it alone.

Yet, somehow, in the last week, my file switched to an awful looking version of my novel. I have no idea how or why it happened, but happen it did. Anyone who has bought Finding Lucas in the last week has been reading the wrong version. Very late last night, after copious tears, hair pulling and some serious swearing, I finally managed to fix the issue.

I have worked so hard to make Finding Lucas the best it can be, and as any indie author knows, self publishing is all on us. All last week, I imagined my wonderful readers, who are excited to dive into Finding Lucas, tapping on their Kindles only to be disappointed that the novel looked terrible. I am so sorry. But, even though technology has tried to thwart me, with the support of my family and friends (who offered drinks, food and hugs), I have been victorious!

Add to the formatting hell, a flooded basement and massive tree limb in my backyard that had to be chopped, I have needed all of that love not to run screaming. Luckily, all of these things are fixable, and my home and Finding Lucas are finally as they should be. HUGE sigh of relief.

If anyone has received an odd looking version of Finding Lucas recently, please let me know. My readers are the reason my dreams are coming true, and I so appreciate everyone who has taken the time to support me.

This last week has given me courage, patience and determination, and I am now going to celebrate the re-release of Finding Lucas. And have a very stiff drink.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa... what a week!! So glad you were able to get everything sorted. You deserve that drink!! :) Hope you're having a great weekend after all the drama. And yay to the re-release of Finding Lucas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cat! It was awful going on Amazon and seeing a completely different version of Finding Lucas that I had never uploaded. Crazy. Drinks tonight! Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightmare! Wish I could come have a stiff drink with you!

    Glad you got the book problem sorted out. Hope lots of folks are finding Finding Lucas!

    ReplyDelete