Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Self-Pubbed Authors: Want to Share Your Journey?

I have only been a self-published author for a couple of months, and in that short time, I have met some incredible authors, bloggers and reviewers. This has been one of the most amazing and rewarding experiences of my life. It has also been the most challenging.

Many of us have gone through the agents, traditional publishers and rejections, only to wind up with a manuscript sitting sadly on our hard drives. So, we decided to screw up our courage and go after what we have always dreamed of having-- a published novel.

Promoting a self-published ebook has taken months and months of work, and yesterday morning, even though I knew it was coming, when I clicked on Chick Lit Plus, run by the amazing and prolific Samantha March (she is even busier than me!), I was still absolutely astounded. When she told me I'd been selected as their debut author of the month, every rejection, every moment of self-doubt and every worry I'd ever had about self-publishing Finding Lucas was whisked away by the excitement and joy I've been waiting for in my many years as a writer.

I am just at the beginning of this wild and crazy adventure, and I am excited to wake up every morning (usually with my kids jumping on my face) and start again. And as I connect with more and more writers who want to self-publish, I want to open this blog to self-published authors who want to tell their stories and talk about their books. If you would like to guest post, please leave a comment and an email address.

I'm looking forward to reading your stories of self-publication!






7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh SSB...we are so much alike at the moment. Right down to where we're at in the jobs we love doing with all our soul. We should definitely chat sometime. ;-)


      (previous comment deleted due to a typo I couldn't live with. lol)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Samantha! I saw that on ChickLitPlus and I was like, "Wow! Talk about inspiration!" I would love to do a guest blog post for you. And if you'd be interested in doing an author Q&A for my blog (www.savannahpage.com) let me know!
    -Savannah Page
    info[at]savannahpage[.]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being debut author of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Savannah and Jackie! That was definitely an exciting moment for me. I can't wait to read your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the mention! I absolutely LOVED Finding Lucas! Can't wait for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting Samantha! I'm still at the beginning (middle? haha) of this self pub journey so I definitely feel like I have a ton to learn. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete