Friday, April 20, 2012

The Strangest Day

The last week has been a test of my will, patience and determination to get Finding Lucas published. Even though I had my brilliant and calming tech guy (and also the barista at my local Starbucks)  walking me through the last steps to self-publishing my novel, I still must have spent over 100 hours formatting, editing and stressing.

Finally, late at night, I got to the end of the Kindle process, and my finger hovered over the "Publish" button. A deep breath and a moment to reflect on the six years it had taken me to finally see Finding Lucas in print. Then, I clicked the key, and I was finally an author.

I've been a writer for years. And a published and professional writer at that. But, I couldn't consider myself an author until one of my novels was available for people to read, oh, and buy. So, when I woke the next morning and saw my novel for sale on Kindle, I felt excited, scared and a bit lost. I had wanted this for so long, but now that it's actually happened, I'm not sure quite what to do.

I need people to see Finding Lucas. I want them to buy it and love it. So, I guess what I do is become a marketing machine and hope that it works. Will it? We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment