Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Self-Promotion...yikes!

Now that I'm getting everything organized, and my publication date for Finding Lucas is drawing ever closer, I need to focus on how to market and promote my book. I may have a fantastic press release, but what to do with it is the challenge.
I'll be featured on clubmom.ca on their mompreneur blog for the month of May, which is a great start. I'm very excited to be included with some very talented and inspiring mompreneurs. But beyond a few blog features and my own blog, how do I get my name out there?
I run my freelance writing/editing company, Perfect Pen Communications, mostly online, and for a recovering technophobe, it has been an incredible learning experience. Creating my website, advertising, meeting other freelancers--all of this has helped me self-publish Finding Lucas. And I am far from shy so putting myself out there isn't an issue. It's just knowing where to start.
Twitter has been an amazing source of information. Ashley Barron (@dcPriya) and Melissa Foster (@Melissa_Foster) have a slew of articles, links and information for self-publishing newbies just like me. I am amazed by how helpful the writing community is, and I am very proud to be a part of the warm and wild virtual world.
Now, I just have to make sure that Finding Lucas actually makes it onto Kindle by April 20th.

1 comment:

  1. The interview went good. I am amazed with the information heard.

    phoenix web design

    ReplyDelete